Getting closer to moving season, are you planning to sell your home and buy a new one? Maybe it is time to make some worthwhile upgrades to your home?
Check out some of the highest impact ways to improve home value and sell your home more quickly. These improvements are great to update your home, become more energy efficient, and create a space that feels brand new.
Highest Priority Upgrades :
– Roof: if you have an older home, the roof and insulation can be a huge selling feature. Selling a home with a new roof in Florida helps with security against hurricanes and makes the house look updated. Tip: Ask a roofer about a magnet tool to clean up any left over nails from the yard. They will usually include it as part of the job.
– Ac/Heat: a new ac unit can literally be lifesaving in Florida heat! Upgrade your old ac unit to help with your energy bill going forward.
– Water Heater: replace the house’s water heater with a more energy efficient version. There are five main types of water heaters, see more information about them here if you are considering which one is the best fit for your space!
– Plumbing: fixing a broken water pipe can save a huge project like replacing water damaged drywall. Be careful of small leaks around the house from plumbing breaks, they can lead to a mess with mold.
– Electricity: wiring can get old and not work well anymore. You might have noticed old outlets around the house no longer work. If outlets no longer work in an older house or there is a lot of static shock, the house should get an estimate for rewiring the electricity. Old wiring can cause shorts, inefficient energy use, and eventually home fires so they should get repaired for safety!
– Insect Repel: Florida is well known for having termites issues in homes. Have an insect protection plan to save large bills later for demolished wood around the house. Other bugs and animals may be common in your area, research to help with prevention for them. Ants, bees, wasps, spiders, cockroaches, squirrels, armadillo, snakes, bats, and owls are other common home threats.
Pro Tip: Weirdly enough squirrels can eat through roofs or even the wiring of your car! Avoid having too many things that attract them around your house. For example, trim back trees around your house so it is more difficult for squirrels to get on the roof!
Pro Tip: A fake owl can go on a fence to protect a yard from smaller animals.
Pro Tip: Use careful consideration of what plants you have around the house, generally avoid having any plants too close to the house because they can attract bugs and animals. It can be safer to keep bushes at the edges of a backyard instead of near the windows.
Overall, make your house more energy efficient, protect against damages, and improve home value by making your home safer and masterfully upgraded!Share: