Purpose, Vision, Core Values, & Principles
The Beliefs Our Gainesville Movers and Tampa Moving Team
It has been said that companies that define and write out their values are up to three times more successful as those who do not. At 2 College Brothers Moving and Storage, we have taken the time to sit down and determine what we want our moving company to be and how to maximize the potential our company can achieve. The process of defining each of these aspects has allowed us to organize the thoughts and directives of our moving company. We have been able to learn about ourselves and grow both as a business and as the people behind the business. As a result, we commit ourselves to these qualities everyday and look for them in every employee that we hire. These pillars are the first things that every employee, from movers to upper level management, sees in their training manual, and the very first item we discuss during their orientation upon hiring. Employees who disagree with these values or fail to abide by them do not last long in our moving company.
Our purpose at 2 College Brothers Moving and Storage is to provide the highest quality moving experience possible to our clients while instilling the values of leadership, professionalism, and impenetrable work ethic into the future leaders that we hire.
We realized our purpose as a company by answering one simple question: “Why does our moving company exist in the first place?”. Asking this question is a very important step that we feel many other moving companies fail to take. As humans, we need to know why we are doing something in order to determine how it will affect our lives. Therefore, we should ask each other, “Are you doing what you are doing strictly to make money? Or do you want to do more? Do you want to make a difference?”
In answering those questions, we discovered that our purpose is twofold. After seeing a trend in the moving industry in which people were unsatisfied with their experiences during such a stressful time, we set out to revamp the image people had of moving companies and soar past our competitors by providing moving experiences of the highest possible quality accompanied by award winning customer service. In doing this, we knew we had to hire sharp and considerate individuals to work in every area of the company.
Our search for great people for the company led us to college students. We discovered that college students fulfilled the role of mover perfectly. College students are strong, quick, intelligent, and friendly, and given the fact they have their entire careers ahead of them, they have so much more to live up to than a traditional mover. Therefore, with our newfound knowledge of the merits of college student movers, we have structured our company in such a way that everyone on our management team has a college degree and is devoted full-time to building and improving our moving company. We also know that happy employees make happy customers, so we want to offer our college student movers more opportunities to grow.
Therefore, we implemented the “Master’s in Moving Leadership Development Program” that focuses on self-development, entrepreneurship, and leadership building and gives our movers and interns increased chances to advance in the company.
At 2 College Brothers Moving and Storage we can guarantee that if people pursue something for a bigger purpose – whether that purpose is personal faith, conviction, or the desire to make a difference in the community or the world – monetary rewards will follow that pursuit. When people live for something bigger than themselves, they will often find that making a difference in the lives of others to be more rewarding than financial gain.
To become one of the biggest and most respected moving franchises in the country.
2 College Brothers Moving and Storage does not want to just be a small-time, mom and pop moving company in Gainesville, FL. Instead, we believe that the benefits of having a huge, national company will allow us to access the resources that will make residential and commercial moves even easier for our clients, as well as allow us to help even more people deal with the stresses of moving! Therefore, we want to grow and expand to different cities across the country and have both corporately owned and franchised locations. The only way to accomplish that goal is to provide an amazing customer moving experience every time and thereby construct a brand that people recognize and trust. We feel that the values we have set in place will serve as the blueprints for building upon this dream.
2 College Brothers is more than just the moving services we provide. Our values define who we are both as people and as a company. As a company of committed individuals, these five core values direct the way we do business each and every day.
- Customer Focus: Doing whatever it takes to satisfy our clients is our number one priority and what separates us from other moving companies.
- Leadership: Lead by example. Be on time; do not complain; and most importantly, be a problem solver, not a problem finder.
- Accountability: We stick to our commitments. We also hold each other accountable because if the team fails, you fail.
- Integrity: We are transparent in everything we do. This builds trust both in each other and in the community. We are honest and ethical with our customers and each other. We take pride in our work and have respect for each other, and the rest tends to take care of itself.
- Continuous Improvement: We are constantly growing, developing, and enhancing our systems. We always stay two steps ahead of our competitors because we are always looking for the best possible way to conduct business in an ever-changing economic climate.
Our company has fostered a culture that revolves around doing business right. The only way to execute this as a company is to embrace certain key beliefs and hold ourselves responsible for carrying them out. Our deep commitment to these values and beliefs is what differentiates 2 College Brothers Moving and Storage from other moving companies.
2 College Brothers Principles
- We are the highest quality moving company in Gainesville and Tampa. We do whatever it takes to ensure that the quality of service to our clients is unmatched anywhere.
- “Get the job done.” This ability to get the job done quickly and accurately without excuses or complications is the most valuable trait a team member can possess. Be a problem solver, not a problem finder.
- Excellence is expected from everyone in the company. We employ people who are willing to give 100% effort and do the right thing every single time without fail.
- We are not fire killers. We are fire prevention specialists. Rather than constantly managing problems, we work on improving systems in order to prevent problems from happening in the first place.
- Problems are gifts that inspire us to action. A problem is a weak link in the system that prompts the act of creating or improving the system. We do not want setbacks, but when one occurs, we think, “Thank you for this wake-up call,” and take system-improvement action to prevent the setback from happening again.
- We encourage team members to bring new ideas to the table and to take action on those ideas. This can include how to make a current system better or a new marketing effort that you think will be beneficial. Everyone’s voice will be heard and appreciated.
- Do everything in your power to find the answer to a question before you ask it. Be a problem solver, not a problem finder. Be resourceful. If you still cannot find the answer to a question, then ask it! Ask your manager any questions you may have about your job and company guidelines BEFORE you are in a situation that requires the answer. Ask clients questions that will help you help them. If you are interested in business and have questions about the company, do not hesitate to ask those as well.
- We strive for a social climate that takes the job at hand seriously, yet the overall culture is fun, light, and friendly. As long as we do our jobs, we can have fun and enjoy ourselves. We want 2 College Brothers to be a cool company for which to work. Happy employees make happy customers, and happy customers make happy shareholders, all in that order!
These are the overall guidelines our Gainesville movers and Tampa Movers stand by on a daily basis. They help us to stay focused on what we are trying to accomplish and provide a mentality that allows us to thrive as a moving company. We expect our movers, management, and shareholders to abide by these principles and values while keeping our purpose and vision at the forefront of their actions!