Tampa is a great city to be in. Every year Tampa sees continued growth as industries, families and young professionals move to the bay area. In addition to great weather year-round, Tampa and the bay area feature some of the biggest area attractions in Florida’s Gulf Coast.
Here’s a list of some of the top area attractions that make Tampa Bay bay one of the coolest places to live in Florida.
Tampa has not one, not two, not three, but FOUR professional sports teams!
- The Tampa Bay Lightning play their home games at Amalie in downtown Tampa
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers‘ Raymond James Stadium is located in Tampa
- The Tampa Bay Rays play their home games just across the bay, in St. Petersburg
- Tampa Bay’s own USL team, The Rowdies, have their stadium in downtown St. Petersburg
Tampa is home to a fantastic and evolving food, drink and entertainment culture. With tons of great breweries, bars and restaurants on either side of the bay, Tampa Bay enjoys a well-known reputation as a cultural hub.
- Here’s a list of some of our favorite breweries in Tampa and St. Pete and their neighborhoods:
There’s lots of great things to do in Tampa and the bay area:
- Florida State Fairgrounds
- Concerts and events happen here year-round, and, of course, the State Fair!
- Busch Gardens/Adventure Islands
- One of Florida’s biggest attractions, Busch Gardens and Adventure Islands offer up a hefty dose of roller coasters, water slides and close encounters with wildlife.
- Seminole Hard Rock Casino
- You can get your gambling fix or enjoy a world-class show at this popular resort and casino located in east Tampa.
- The bay area boasts some of the best swimming and boating spots in Florida. With miles of beautiful coastline in St. Pete Beach, stunning vistas on Tampa Bay or serene intimacy of the Hillsborough River, Tampa Bay is a great spot for water activities.