Want to live near Tampa, but also have an escape from all the hustle and bustle of the city? Then you might want to check out the cozy suburban community of Town ‘n’ Country, FL. Located just 11 miles from Downtown Tampa, and less than 15 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Town ‘n’ Country is known for its gorgeous neighborhoods, stunning sunny weather and low cost of living. Ready to see if Town ‘n’ Country is your next destination? Let’s take a deeper dive into this welcoming Florida area.
Town ‘n’ Country Demographics
How many people live in Town ‘n’ Country? The answer is about 87,500 people, making this census-designated place larger than some cities! Town ‘n’ Country has a median age of 37 years old and is evenly split between couples and singles. The area is also highly diverse; only 39% of the population is White, while 47% are Hispanic, 6% are Black and 2.5% are of Asian descent.
Politically, Town ‘n’ Country leans liberal, though 44% of the local population voted for a Republican in the last presidential election. Almost 5% of residents here identify as Independents. Regarding education, more than 85% of locals over the age of 25 have their high school diploma, and 28% of residents also hold a degree from a four-year university. Less than 3% of the population went on to pursue a professional or Master’s Degree.
Cost of Living in Town ‘n’ Country
Thinking about buying a home in Town ‘n’ Country? While most of the Tampa Bay Area is affordable, Town ‘n’ Country has even lower costs, making it easy to live here no matter your budget. For example, the median house value in Town ‘n’ Country is $146,800. Compare that to a, still reasonable, $172,000 in the heart of Tampa; by living in the suburb, you could save nearly $30,000 on your home!
As of July, 2019, the average rent in Town ‘n’ Country is $1,202, a 3% increase from last year, and the average apartment here is about 966 square feet. This is about $200 per month lower than the national average, showing again that this town is especially perfect for young professionals and millennials who are just stepping out on their own. Other living expenses are on par with the national average, although folks in Town ‘n’ Country spend about 16% more per year on utilities, probably owing to the need for A/C on Florida’s many hot days.
"*" indicates required fields
Looking For A New Home In The Area? Let Us Connect You With A Local Real Estate Professional.
We know a little about moving. A successful move starts early, having the right Real Estate team makes a big difference.
Jobs in Town ‘n’ Country
Professionals moving to the area will have plenty of opportunities for work in Town ‘n’ Country and beyond. The median household income in the community is $52,929, which shows a nearly 4% growth since just last year, and there are more than 43,000 jobs in this district alone, not counting the surrounding areas and Downtown Tampa itself. The top industries here are healthcare, retail trade, and hospitality; however, there are numerous thriving businesses in finance and professional services, as well.
Town ‘n’ Country’s Best Neighborhoods
Town ‘n’ Country includes more than a dozen desirable neighborhoods and choosing between them might seem overwhelming at first. To help you out during your search for homes for sale, here is some quick info on our favorite neighborhoods in Town ‘n’ Country:
- Tampa Shores: With a median home price of $449,999, this is one of the more expensive, but highly sought-after areas in Town ‘n’ Country, though you can find homes here for as low as $175,000. The area is mainly made up of single-family, owner-occupied homes.
- Morganwoods-Greentree: This quiet neighborhood includes 293 homes, and amenities such as three clubhouses, multiple swimming pools, and a dog park. The area is conveniently located near shopping opportunities, and close to highways for easy access to the rest of Tampa.
- Wellington Homes At Countryway: This small community lies within the larger Countryway communities, which include more than 1,200 single-family homes. The median real estate price for the Wellington Homes area is $250,000, and most homes here are mid-sized houses with multicar garages and large lawns.
Town ‘n’ Country Schools
Students living in Town ‘n’ Country attend schools that are part of the Hillsborough Country Public School System. The main high school in Town ‘n’ Country is Alonso High School, which serves 2,594 students in total. In addition to their core curriculum, Alonso High School also offers more than 20 Advanced Placement courses for college credit and over 25 school-sanctioned clubs for students to join. Families moving to Town ‘n’ Country also have access to Hillsborough County’s by-admissions schools, including magnet programs like Tampa Bay Technical High School.
What’s the Weather like in Town ‘n’ Country?
Like much of the Sunshine State, life in Town ‘n’ Country is defined by beautiful, sunny days. The average temperature here typically stays between 53-89 degrees, though it can reach into the 90s on especially hot summer days. While you’ll never have to worry about snow in the Tampa Bay Area, this community does see a fair share of rain and thunderstorms. At times, powerful hurricanes can reach Town ‘n’ Country, so make sure you and your family have a safety plan in advance of these storms.
Things to do in Town ‘n’ Country
Looking for local attractions and fun outings near Town ‘n’ Country? The Tampa Bay Area has plenty to explore, from boutique shopping to headlining music acts at local venues, to family-friendly destinations your kids will love. Get started on your local journey with these two top attractions in Town ‘n’ Country:
- Tampa Bay Downs: From horse races to golfing, Tampa Bay Downs is the perfect way to spend a day with your friends. Watch incredible horses as they vie for the blue ribbon, play a game of poker against your own friends, and even dine at the Downs’ award-winning restaurant.
- Ben T Davis Beach: Located right along the Tampa Bay, this family-friendly beach is the perfect way to cool off on a hot day! The landscaped beach offers gorgeous views, while calmer bay waters provide easy swimming, even for beginners.
Town ‘n’ Country Top Restaurants
If there’s one thing the Tampa area has plenty of, it’s delicious food! This diverse area has foods from all over the world, and gorgeous, authentic eateries where you can join them. In Town ‘n’ Country itself, here are two of our favorite spots to visit:
Jamaica Jamaica Island Cuisine
View this post on Instagram
Looking for classic island dishes? Jamaica Jamaica Island Cuisine has you covered with favorites like steamed snapper fish, jerk chicken, and oxtail.
- Hours: 10AM-9PM Monday-Thursday, 10AM-10PM Friday-Saturday, Closed on Sunday
- Website: http://www.jamaicajamaicaislandcuisine.com/
- Phone: (813) 243-1569
- Address: 8206 W Waters Ave, Town ‘N’ Country, FL 33615
Nicki’s Omelette & Grill
When you need a delicious breakfast or lunch, you’ll want to head over to Nicki’s Omelette & Grill on W Hillsborough Ave. In addition to 10 incredible burger variations and classic lunch sandwiches like the French Dip, you can also get eggs any way you want them at this local hotspot.
- Hours: 6AM-2PM Daily
- Phone: (813) 884-3447
- Address: 6805 W Hillsborough Ave, Tampa, FL 33634
GET CONNECTED TO A LOCAL REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL
Tips for Moving to Town ‘n’ Country
So, is moving to Town ‘n’ Country right for you? Whether you’re coming here for the weather, the jobs or welcoming community, we hope this guide has helped make your decision easier. When considering this lovely town, remember:
- You’ll be close to Tampa with even lower housing costs
- You get to enjoy plenty of sunny days
- There are great jobs in healthcare, finance and retail
For more information, or to get started with a free Town ‘n’ Country moving quote, give us a call any time at 813-492-4703!