With great weather, tons of golf courses, and no state income tax, Ocala, Florida, is a great place to retire. It’s such a popular destination for retirees that there are dozens of 55-plus communities in Ocala offering amenities and a strong sense of community. However, not all Ocala 55 plus communities are created equal. To help you find the best place to spend your golden years, here is a list of the best retirement communities in Ocala, Florida. Our experienced senior movers will even help you with the relocation once you’re ready to make the transition.
Table of Contents
What Is a 55+ Community?
A 55+ community is a community that is exclusively for residents ages 55 and older and offers features and amenities geared toward residents of that age demographic. They are often called active adult communities, although Ocala 55+ communities typically have an age restriction, whereas other retirement communities may not. But, they differ from assisted living facilities and nursing homes in that there is no on-site medical staff or 24/7 monitoring. They are better suited for those who want to enjoy their retirement years with other members of their age group but don’t require additional care.
Benefits of Living in Ocala Retirement Communities
Ocala Florida retirement communities offer countless benefits, from on-site amenities to affordable living. Here are a few of the main advantages of 55+ communities in Ocala.
- Convenience: 55 plus communities in Ocala are designed for convenience and easy living, and you will typically have everything you need on-site or nearby.
- Amenities: Most of the top 55+ communities in Ocala feature state-of-the-art amenities such as swimming pools, golf courses, clubhouses, parks, and more.
- Community: You’ll be surrounded by other residents your own age. You are at the same stage of life and have the chance to participate in community events and group activities.
- Affordable living: 55 Plus Communities in Ocala FL often feature lower housing costs compared to the broader real estate market, including lower property taxes.
- Low Maintenance: Maintenance and upkeep are typically handled by the HOA and on-site crew in Ocala FL 55+ communities.
However, there are a few downsides to retirement communities in Ocala as well. You’ll have to be content with an HOA, which may have rules and restrictions that you must obey. Plus, they don’t feature any on-site medical care, which you may need as you get older.
On Top of the World | The Largest 55+ Community in Ocala, FL
On Top of the World, Ocala is a massive 55+ community with over 10,000 homes, making it one of the largest in the state. This Top of the World retirement community features a long list of world-class amenities, including three golf courses, multiple clubhouses, fitness centers, sports courts, restaurants, and so much more. Residents can choose from multiple On Top of the World communities, including OTOW Central, Chandler Hills, Indigo East, and Weybourne Landing, each with a separate HOA. On Top of the World, Ocala FL is often considered the premier retirement community in Central Florida because of the attractive lifestyle it offers.
Retirees often compare On Top of the Worlds to The Villages due to their relative proximity and massive size. While the Villages is larger and closer to Orlando, On Top of the World offers the same convenience and amenities with a tight knit community and greater value for your money. However, the On Top of the World Ocala crime rate is higher. So keep that in mind when debating the Villages vs. On Top of the World.
- Address: 8447 SW 99th Street Rd, Ocala, FL 34481
- Phone: (352) 854-3600
- Amenities: Golf courses, swimming pools, clubhouses, sports courts, adult learning, community events, and restaurants
- Housing: Two to Three bedrooms ranging from 1,200 to 3,000 square feet
- Pricing: Homes for sale ranging $250,000 to $450,000
View this post on Instagram
Del Webb Stone Creek | One of the Top New Construction Ocala 55 Plus Communities
Del Webb Stone Creek is a gated 55 plus community in Ocala FL of close to 3,000 homes and an additional 3800 to be constructed in the next few years. Del Webb residents enjoy several on-site lifestyle amenities, including a workout room, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a community garden, and a golf course. Del Webb is one of the top new 55+ communities in Ocala, Florida, and offers modern home designs with open-concept layouts and stainless steel appliances, as well as a convenient location near I-75.
- Address: 6320 SW 89th Ct Rd, Ocala, FL 34481
- Phone: (352) 453-8010
- Amenities: Golf course, swimming pool, fitness center, golf course, community garden
- Housing: Two to four bedrooms ranging from 1,200 to 3500 square feet
- Pricing: Homes for sale ranging from $260,000 to $430,000
Ocala Palms | One of the Top Retirement Communities in Ocala for Avid Golfers
Located along North Highway 27, Ocala Palms is an intimate 55+ community offering luxury amenities and friendly neighbors. Residents can access a massive 19,000-square-foot clubhouse with a fitness center, indoor pool, arts and crafts studio, game rooms, and a library. The adjacent 18-hole golf course is also considered one of the best in Central Florida, with gorgeous mature oak trees, waterfalls, and lush fairways.
The community offers moderately priced homes, many of which offer spectacular views of the golf course and various floor plans. If you’re looking for a luxury lifestyle at an affordable price, Ocala Palms is one of the top 55 Plus communities in Ocala FL.
- Address: 5000 US Hwy 27, Ocala, FL 34482
- Phone: (352) 368-3894
- Amenities: Golf course, clubhouse, restaurant, tennis courts, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pool, shuffleboard and billiards
- Housing: Two to four bedrooms ranging from 1,000 to 3,200 square feet
- Pricing: Homes for sale ranging from $175,000 to $449,000
Stonecrest Ocala | One of the Best 55 and Older Communities in Ocala for Outdoor Activities
Stonecrest is a picturesque golf community offering world-class amenities and more than 75 different clubs and activities for residents to enjoy. This 55 and over community in Ocala features over 220 single-family homes and a 12,000-foot community center and clubhouse with a fitness center, outdoor pool, meeting rooms, and a library.
Residents can also enjoy a wide variety of outdoor activities, including bocce ball, pickleball, shuffleboard, tennis, and softball. Crest-view Lake also offers gorgeous views and ample opportunity for fishing and water sports. Plus, the Stonecrest Golf Club features an 18-hole championship golf course and frequent tournaments. If you’re looking for a calm pace of life and a wide variety of activities, Stonecrest is one of the best 55 and over communities in Ocala, Florida.
- Address: 11050 SE 176 Pl, Summerfield, FL 34491
- Phone: (352) 347-2289
- Amenities: Community center, clubhouse, golf course, lake, sports courts, and swimming pool
- Housing: Two to four bedrooms ranging from 1300 to 2500 square feet
- Prices: Homes for sale ranging from $300,000 to $525,000
Summer Glen | A 55 Plus Community in Ocala with a Welcoming Atmosphere
Summer Glen is a gated golf community in Ocala managed by Florida Leisure Communities. This Ocala 55+ community is anchored by the Summer Glen Golf Club, which features an 18-hole championship course and a bar and restaurant. It has a friendly atmosphere, where everyone knows each other, and residents are invited to bring guests and family to visit.
Beyond golf, there is also a fully equipped clubhouse with a fitness center, outdoor pool and spa, a library, and activity rooms that offer classes and events in everything from pottery to card games. Residents will also find fantastic housing options, from cottages to spacious estates, all designed with active adult living in mind. With so many options and opportunities, Summer Glen is one of the top 55 and older communities in Ocala, Florida.
- Address: SW 20th Avenue Rd, Ocala, FL 34473
- Phone: (352) 572-5289
- Amenities: Golf course, restaurant, fitness center, pool, spa, clubhouse, and activity rooms
- Housing: Two to four bedrooms ranging from 1300 to 2,500 square feet
- Prices: Homes for sale ranging $250,000 to $400,000
Marion Landing | One of the Most Affordable Ocala 55 Plus Communities
Marion Landing is a centrally located active adult community in Ocala, Florida, offering a range of housing options and lifestyle amenities. The community offers 600 single-family homes constructed between 1980 and 2004, available in a range of sizes and layouts. The Lifestyle Center is the heart of the community with an exercise room, crafts room, Billiards room, and an eight-lane bowling alley.
Residents can also take advantage of the swimming pool, spa or tennis, and shuffleboard courts. This 55 plus community in Ocala, Florida is also run by a respected HOA, which handles all the maintenance and outdoor chores for an affordable monthly fee. Marion Landing offers fewer luxury amenities than some communities, but it’s an excellent choice if you’re looking for affordability and a range of options.
- Address: 8457 SW 65th Avenue Rd, Ocala, FL 34476
- Phone: (352) 237-7247
- Amenities: Clubhouse, swimming pool, sports courts, bowling alley, exercise room, and spa.
- Housing: Two to three bedrooms ranging from 850 to 2,400 square feet
- Pricing: Homes for sale ranging from $150,000 to $350,000
Quail Meadows Ocala | An Ocala 55+ Community in the Perfect Location
Quail Meadows is a 55+ community of affordable single-family homes located in northwest Ocala. Conveniently located one mile west of I-75, the community is within walking distance of everything you need, including a grocery store, pharmacies, banks, and restaurants. But, residents can also take advantage of a wide variety of on-site amenities, including a state-of-the-art clubhouse, fitness center, and swimming pool.
Originally constructed in 1988, the Ocala 55+ community features a variety of gorgeous single-family homes complete with vaulted ceilings, granite countertops, fireplaces, stainless steel appliances, and large walk-in closets. If you’re after sophistication and convenience, Quail Meadows is the ideal choice.
- Address: 3158 NW 49th Ave, Ocala, FL 34482
- Phone: (352) 622-7724
- Amenities: Clubhouse, fitness center, swimming pool
- Housing: Two to three bedrooms ranging from 1,200 to 2,500 square feet
- Prices: Homes for sale ranging from $125,000 to $450,000
Map of Retirement Communities in Ocala
When you’re ready to relocate to one of these fantastic 55 Plus Communities in Ocala, FL, trust our the best Ocala movers to make the transition easy and stress-free. Call 352-448-9095 for a free, personalized moving estimate.