Florida is known for its warm weather, low cost of living, and no state income taxes. All of these benefits and more make it no surprise that nearly 12% of retirees moved to the Sunshine State in 2022. In fact, according to Rocket Mortgage, Florida has the highest number of active adult communities at 969 locations. Out of all of the incredible cities in Florida, Orlando is one of the most popular areas to settle down as a retiree or active adult. There are many wonderful retirement communities in Orlando, Florida, for you to call home.
If you are ready to make the move to the city, then you should take a look at one of the many 55 plus communities in Orlando. Orlando 55+ communities are a wonderful option for those who are looking for a low-maintenance and laid-back style of living. Here’s a look at the best 55+ communities in Orlando, FL. Once you’ve found the perfect home, our senior movers will get you settled in quickly and safely!
Table of Contents
What Is a 55+ Community?
55+ communities, also known as active adult communities, are retirement communities, condos, apartment complexes, or master-planned communities designed for older adults. Traditional 55+ communities are age restricted and only allow households with at least one person who is 55+ to move in. Some communities are strict with the age requirements, while others are more lenient. 55 plus communities are different from independent and assisted living, although some communities have the option to transition into these styles of living.
There are many options when searching for Orlando 55+ communities. Many communities are single-story homes that you purchase, although you can also find apartment-style living if that is what you prefer.
Benefits of Living in Orlando Retirement Communities
There are many advantages of over 55 communities in Orlando. Here are a few benefits these communities have to offer:
- Lower cost of living: Buying a retirement home in a 55+ community is often cheaper if you want to live independently while still taking advantage of added amenities.
- Safety: 55+ communities are often gated and security-monitored.
- Low-maintenance: Home and community maintenance is typically taken care of for you.
- Amenities: Many active adult communities include amenities such as fitness centers, pools, golf courses, dining areas, social events, and dog parks.
- Quiet: These communities are often more peaceful due to the age restriction.
A few cons of living in a 55 plus community include HOA fees, less interaction with different age groups, less storage space, and limited landscaping options. If you can look past these disadvantages, then you will be incredibly happy in an Orlando retirement community!
Solivita | One of the Best 55 and Over Communities in Orlando Florida Close to Major Attractions
Solivita is one of the most sought-after 55+ communities in Orlando. Solivita offers both new construction and resale homes ranging from 1,361 square feet to 3,057 square feet. This community has over 150,000 square feet of amenity space, including a 32,000 square-foot fitness center and spa with an indoor heated lap and swimming pool. If you want to venture out of the community, then Solivita is just 30 minutes away from Disney World and 50 minutes from Universal Studios!
When living at Solivita, you can expect to pay HOA fees of $165-$205 per month. This fee covers your basic cable as well as the 24-hour guarded gates. It also includes your lawn maintenance, which is completely taken care of for you!
- Address: 55 Solivita Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34759
- Phone: 407-308-2260
- Amenities: heated swimming pools, pickleball courts, tennis courts, fitness centers, restaurants, golf courses, dog parks, spa, farmers markets, and more
- Housing: one to four-bedroom homes with nine floor plans
- Pricing: starting at $250,000
Gatherings of Lake Nona | Resort Style 55+ Community in Orlando
Gatherings of Lake Nona is one of the most popular Orlando retirement communities. The 216 homes in this community are condominiums with elevator access. Lake Nona itself is an incredibly hip area with many shopping, dining, and outdoor activities nearby. You are just a few minutes away from the Lake Nona Medical City and Lake Nona Town Center. This beautiful community offers access-controlled buildings, so you can rest assured that you are always safe in your home.
View this post on Instagram
When living at the Gatherings of Lake Nona, you will enjoy low-maintenance living. You won’t have to worry about yard work, housing maintenance, or security. When you want to go on vacation, all you have to do is lock the door and go!
- Address: 7573 Laureate Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827
- Phone: 321-445-5050
- Amenities: Low maintenance, clubhouse, internet and cable, private garages, dog park
- Housing: two to three-bedroom homes from 1,368 to 1,805 square feet
- Pricing: from $420,000
Trilogy Orlando | Gated Active Adult Community With Many Wonderful Amenities
Just a few minutes outside of Orlando, Trilogy is one of the most picturesque 55 plus communities in Orlando. This gated community is small, with only about 1,100 residents living on the premises. However, when living in this area, there is no shortage of incredible events and programs to take part in! When living at Trilogy Orlando, you are a part of the homeowners association and, therefore, a club member of the Magnolia House, which is the centerpiece of the community.
You can pamper yourself when living at Trinity Orlando! This community has a resort-style swimming pool, fitness center, tennis courts, pickleball courts, and a spa. There is also an on-site restaurant that you can enjoy seven days a week!
- Address: 100 Falling Acorn Ave, Groveland, FL 34736
- Phone: 352-708-4062
- Amenities: restaurant, sports pavilion, art studio, fitness studio, walking trails, indoor and outdoor pools and spas
- Housing: two to three-bedroom homes from 1,500 to 2,400 square feet
- Pricing: Starting at $200,000
Overture Dr. Phillips | Relaxing Retirement Community With Apartment-Style Living
Are you searching for retirement communities in Orlando, FL, with apartment-style living? Overture Dr. Phillips has both one and two-bedroom luxury apartment homes. You won’t need to worry about any maintenance when living at Overture, as everything is taken care of for you!
View this post on Instagram
All apartments at Overture Dr. Phillips include a gourmet kitchen, wood plank-style flooring, spa-like bathrooms, and walk-in closets. Overture is located in western Orlando and is just 4 miles away from Universal Studios and just 5.3 miles away from Big Sand Lake.
- Address: 6410 Sand Lake Sound Rd, Orlando, FL 32819
- Phone: 407-775-4724
- Amenities: Fitness center, social activities, classes, creative clubs, yoga studio, coffee bar, pool, putting green, outdoor entertainment lounge, grilling station, fire pits, movie theater
- Housing: One and two-bedroom apartments
- Pricing: Starting at $1,889 per month
Fairways Country Club | Affordable Golf Course Community Perfect for Active Adults
If you want to wake up and hit the golf course every morning, then check out the Fairways Country Club. This community has a strict age policy, and one member of the household must be above 55. Fairways Country Club is just 2 miles from grocery stores, 3 miles from the Waterford Lakes Town Center, and 14 miles from Downtown Orlando.
Fairways is one of the most affordable 55 and over communities in Orlando, with home prices starting at just above $200,000. The manufactured homes are all newly built and right around 1,300 square feet, giving you and your loved ones plenty of space.
- Address: 14205 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32826
- Phone: 407-273-2360
- Amenities: Clubhouse, fitness center, golf course, golf pro shop, pickleball court, shuffleboard, swimming pools, spa
- Housing: Two bedroom houses
- Pricing: Starting at $229,000
Four Seasons at Orlando | Upscale Retirement Community in Orlando With World-Class Amenities
If you are looking for an active adult community that has it all, then check out Four Seasons at Orlando. This luxury community offers two to three bedroom single-story homes just minutes from many major attractions. Four Seasons at Orlando is one of the more expensive 55 and older communities in Orlando, Florida. Homes start at $400,000 and go all the way up to the high $600,000s.
View this post on Instagram
Many of the homes at Four Seasons at Orlando come with stunning golf course views of Mystic Dunes Golf Club, which is also home to the top-rated Kenzie’s Restaurant and Lounge. In addition to golf, you can enjoy many other activities at the fitness center. They offer fun classes such as pickleball, kickboxing, dancing, and yoga. A full-time activities director is located on-site and creates a schedule full of activities that you can partake in all year round!
- Address: 2117 Antilles Club Dr, Kissimmee, FL 34747
- Phone: 888-425-1743
- Amenities: Guarded entrance, billiards room, pickleball courts, tennis courts, pools, golf course, fitness center, bocce ball courts, pickleball courts, ballroom, clubhouse
- Housing: Two to three bedroom single-story homes
- Pricing: Starting at $400,000
Tohoqua Reserve | One of the Best 55 and Over Communities in Orlando With Age-Restricted Amenities
When it comes to 55 and older communities in Orlando, you can’t skip out on Tohoqua Reserve. This beautiful community offers two to four-bedroom homes with seven different floor plans. When living at Tohoqua Reserve, you are just 15 minutes from Medical City and 20 miles from The Mall at Millenia.
One unique element of this Orlando retirement community is that some of the amenities are age-restricted. There are private amenities such as a fitness center, swimming pool, community room, and fire pit that are reserved for those 55 and up. However, if your family or grandchildren come to visit, you can take them to the non-age restricted amenities such as a pool, walking trails, parks, and playgrounds.
- Address: 2657 Blowing Breeze Ave, Kissimmee, FL 34744
- Phone: 407-554-5373
- Amenities: fitness center, resort-style pool, fitness trail, fire pit, bocce ball, pickleball courts
- Housing: single-family homes from 1,579 to 2,870 square feet
- Pricing: Starting at $304,000
Map of Retirement Communities in Orlando
There are a wide variety of 55 and older communities in Orlando, Florida for you to choose from, and any one of them would be a wonderful choice! Once you have found the community that you want to call home, give the best Orlando movers a call at 813-922-1529. We will help you plan your relocation and make moving day as quick and easy as possible!