Make this Valentine’s Day special for everyone with some heartfelt ideas that will make their day brighter.
1. Create a delicious Valentine’s treat
• Make heart shaped muffins, desserts, or a fruit and vegetable tray to share with everyone.
2. Write a note
• Let someone know you care with a short written note. “Thinking about you”, “Thanks for being you”, or “Happy Valentine’s Day” are a simple reminders you are thinking about someone.
3. Give flowers or a grown gift
• Fresh flowers from a local store always make people smile. Buy a few dozen flowers and attach a small note to each flower. Then give one to everyone you know for a simple gift.
• Also, check out heart shaped fruit for a fun idea for growing or buying fruit you could give to others for Valentine’s Day.
4. Give a compliment or offer to help
• Tell someone you like something about them to let them know you care.
• You could offer to help by pick up everyone’s lunch orders if you are at work, pay for the person behind you’s order at a restaurant, pay for a toll for the next person if you are traveling, hold open a door, pick up dropped items, or say something thoughtful.
5. Spend time together
• Spend time together by going to the movies, taking a walk together, or spending time together just to talk.
6. Do something you have been meaning to
• You planned to go shopping or put together an entertainment center but it was slowly put off. Surprise someone by doing something you planned to do but didn’t have a chance to yet!
7. A thoughtful gift
• Someone you know likes gardening, try bringing them a gardening magazine or something related to their hobby to bring a thoughtful gift.
Wade Swikle started out in the moving business while a student at the University of Florida, graduating with a Bachelor’s in Telecommunication and a Master’s in Entrepreneurship, before becoming president of 2 College Brothers.